Search for resources by Kentucky county
Kentucky Grandparent and Relative Caregiver Handbook
A Caregiver’s Guide created by Kinship Families Coalition of Kentucky in collaboration with the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Office. September 2020
Kentucky Kinship Support Hotline
call: (877) 565-5608
To assist relative caregivers in accessing services and problem solving issues and concerns.
Find your local Department for Community Based Services Office
Contact your local DCBS office to inquire about supports and for questions about child placement and custody.
Community Action Agencies
Community Action Kentucky (CAK) is the statewide association representing and supporting all 23 Community Action agencies across Kentucky. With outreach offices in all 120 Kentucky counties, Community Action agencies provide life-changing resources to support a wide array of service areas, including food security, transportation, home energy, early childhood education, senior support, emergency services, housing, workforce development, family advocacy and more.
The mission of Community Action Kentucky is to build and strengthen the network of Kentucky’s Community Action agencies resulting in the improvement in the lives of the people we serve. The organization accomplishes this mission by:
- being an advocate on behalf of the poor;
- promoting innovative and creative strategies to fight poverty;
- mobilizing public and private resources;
- promoting self-sufficiency of individuals, families, and communities;
- stimulating community participation and leadership development;
- creating services to meet basic human needs;
- working in partnership with other community-based organizations; and
- promoting equal opportunity and political, economic and social justice.
Kentucky Online Resources:
National Online Sources:
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren; Navigating Adolescence from Montana State University Extension Office